For five generations and two hundred years our roots have been here in Monforte d’Alba, in Piedmont
Our five hectares of vineyards, mostly planted with Nebbiolo, face southeast on the Castelletto hill in Monforte d’Alba, (one of the eleven Barolo-producing districts).
Our oldest vineyard was planted by Ernesto Saffirio in 1948 on Rupestris rootstock.
Our Barolo Riserva Millenovecento48 comes from these vines. Many of our new plantings also utilise clones from this vineyard to continue the storyline of the past through their DNA.
Our vineyards are polyclonal, thanks to plants selected from thirty years of university research. The result? A Barolo with a complex and nuanced nose and palate.